Thursday, September 20, 2007

Officially bored of London...

... and if anyone tells me that if I'm bored of London, I'm bored of life, I'll shoot them. I think I allowed myself too many days here - I planned a day's downtime upon arrival and didn't use it. I ended up catching a matinee of Les Mis yesterday, which was as good as I remembered, and visiting the British Museum, which was great. I wish I'd have been able to visit that when I was studying Ancient History in high school :(

Today I got up early with the intention of going to Stonehenge - the book said that it was £14 each way on the bus (3 hours) or £25 each way on the train (1.5 hours). $120 seemed a little expensive for 3 hours on the train, so I was going to opt for the bus. Unfortunately, when I got to the bus stop at 8:30am, they said the next bus wasn't until 11am.... so I gave up. Instead, I visited the Cabinet War Rooms, which was quite interesting, and Madame Tussauds, which was definitely not worth it. This afternoon, I was going to visit the Planetarium, but apparently it doesn't exist anymore, so I might take it easy.

Tomorrow I'm leaving London, heading north to visit some relatives - I have two aunts to visit and a cousin to meet for the first time. I'm hoping that other places won't be as expensive as London, which seems put on this earth just to rip off tourists. The currency is worth twice as much as everyone else's, and they still charge double what you'd expect to pay to do anything.

Anyway, I think it's time to use my last £2 to buy an absolutely terrible excuse for coffee somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment