Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Does it ever stop raining in this country?

On Sunday I visited my Aunt and Uncle in West Yorkshire and met my cousin who was born after I moved to Australia. They have a beautiful house in the countryside, and it was raining for most of the day so we had a nice relaxing day in the house. Once I find a computer that allows you to plug in USB, I'll post a photo of the view from their house :)

I left there yesterday morning (in the rain) to catch a train (in the rain) to Scotland. I actually missed my train to Leeds because there was no monitor on the platform, and when the train pulled in, the announcement said something about Manchester Victoria so I didn't get on. I found out 10 minutes later that the announcement had nothing to do with the train on the platform. Go figure. I caught the next train and luckily caught the train to Edinburgh with 30 seconds to spare.

So now I am in Edinburgh - pronouned Edin-borough. If you want to buy a kilt or a tartan rug or scarf, this is the place to go -I walked for a long way from the centre of the city and saw nothing but shops that sold kilts. (Unfortunately I have so far been unsuccessful in finding a haggis keyring for the DVM Trophy, but I am on the quest.)

If you can ignore the tourist-crap Edinburgh is a very cool looking place - it has paved streets and all old buildings (where I am anyway), and of course, the castle is overlooking everything. This morning I went to see Edinburgh Castle, which hosts the Honors of Scotland and the Stone of Destiny. Of course, it started raining again, and it is freezing cold too - according to the weather service it's 13 degrees currently, but I don't believe them.

Maybe it's time to go and buy some tartan gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment