Monday, September 10, 2007

6 days to go...

After a busy weekend of moving and cleaning, all of my stuff is now in storage or the bin, and the carpet cleaners are coming tomorrow at 1pm. Today I bought a Lonely Planet book for the Czech Republic, as it isn't covered in Western Europe, and picked up £50 and €50 from the bank for first arrival in countries. That leaves me with no Danish Krone, Swedish Krona or Czech Koruna, but I'm sure I can pick some up somewhere.

On the weekend I picked up my plane and train tickets - flight to London via Bangkok, flight from Madrid via Bangkok, Eurostar Waterloo to Nord ticket, Eurail pass and a Prague Excursion pass. I also bought a 2gb USB key, which I will hopefully be periodically transferring photos to, instead of paying to have them stored on a CD.

The list of things to do is now rather short:
  • disconnect electricity
  • organise mail redirection
  • pack
  • confirm tickets
The last thing to do today is to clean the balcony of my unit, before the carpet cleaners arrive. Then, after handing in the keys, I am officially homeless.

Not long now...

1 comment:

  1. Yay :) So close! Send me an email with your arrival details and we can arrange how to meet

    ReplyDelete