Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tobogganing!

(Yes, that is how you spell it, I checked.)

Stephen and I saw some kids with a toboggan the other day, so we decided to buy one ourselves and give it a shot.  High Park (next to our place) has some big hills and everything is covered in a few cm of snow at the moment, so it was awesome fun!  You actually go much faster than you'd think :)

We went to Zellers (Big W) and bought this one for $5 - it's basically just a sheet of thin bendable plastic with two handles at the front.  One side is totally slick and the other side is corrugated for sitting on.

I managed to go straight... for a bit.

We picked a different hill (much steeper).  All I seem to do is freak out and end up going backwards down the hill, but Stephen seems to have perfected the art of tobogganing already.

Stephen and Jax share some quality time on the swing before heading home.  We've been trying to make him do all sorts of silly things to demonstrate leadership (he has to do whatever we say as we're the pack leaders) - we took him on the slides a couple of times which he hated, but he actually seemed to enjoy swinging with Stephen.  Awww :)

3 comments:

  1. Poor jax!! Lol.. Looks like you guys are having a great time!! I think I should come to Canada!! It looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I look at that photo of Stephen and Jax I can't stop laughing :)

    ReplyDelete